ISTANBUL (AFP) – According to international media The gunman who killed 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub had fought in Syria for Daeshmilitants, a report said on Tuesday morning , as Turkish authorities intensified their hunt for the attacker.
Istanbul Police released pictures of the suspect who went on the rampage at the plush Reina nightclub on New Year’s 2017 night, spraying some 120 bullets at terrified guests before slipping away into the New Year night.
Of the 39 dead, 27 were foreigners, mainly from other different Arab countries, with coffins repatriated overnight to countries including Saudi Arabia and Lebanon.
The ISIS group on Monday claimed the massacre, the first time it has clearly stated being behind a major attack in Turkey,s Major City ISTANBUL .
The turkish government said Monday that 8 people had been detained but international media reports said the number had increased to 12 after new detentions in the Anatolian city of Konya.