Monday , March 30 2020

Federal cabinet approves new Hajj Policy with no subsidies

Islamabad: The Federal Cabinet on Thursday approved new Hajj Policy for 2019, devoid of any subsidy.

Minister for Religious Affairs Noor ul Haq Qadri apprised the cabinet meeting about the new Hajj Policy that was led by Prime Minister Imran Khan here today.

New Hajj Policy states that more than 1, 84000 Pakistanis will perform Hajj this year, while 60% quota would be reserved for the government and the remaining 40% for private hajj tour operators across the country.

“The cabinet has decided against provision of any kind of subsidy,” sources said. Applications will start in the next month.

Prime Minister Imran Khan ordered the authorities concerned to make syre that Hajj arrangements are made smooth and no negligence in this regard will be accepted.

People who are above 80 years old will be able to perform Hajj and there will be no need to enter a draw. Also the people, who have been unsuccessful for three continuous years will not be required to enter draw.

Appointment of Arbab Shehzad as a Supervisor to look after the matters of Hajj this year was also approved by the cabinet.

During the last year, Saudi Arabia increased the quote of Pakistani pilgrims  for 2019’s Hajj by 5,000.

 

Check Also

Imran Khan

PM Imran Khan to Announce ‘Coronavirus Roadmap’ Tomorrow

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan will announce ‘Coronavirus Roadmap’ tomorrow and will tell how we …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *