Tuesday , April 7 2020

Man dies of electrocution during rain in Karachi

Karachi: A man was electrocuted after short spell of heavy rain in Karachi on Sunday.

The man who died of electrocution last night, was electrocuted in Jubilee Furniture Market. He accidentally touched live wire that was wet and earthed and instantly he was burned to death. Rescue officials immediately showed up and shifted him to a nearby hospital.

The deceased is not yet identified and his body is lying in hospital where he was declared dead by the administration.

Another incident occurred due to last night weather when a car skid onto the footpath and as a result a girl was badly bruised. She was moved to hospital where sh was immediately treated and is out of danger now.

The weather in Karachi turned extremely cold after the rain and thunderstorm that lashed the city on Sunday night.

As a result of power outage the lights turned down in the whole city. K-Electric officials immediately showed up and the trip feeders were looked into.

There is a “power outage on the transformers in Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Gulistan-e-Johar, North Karachi, Orangi Town, and Garden”, he said, adding that power would “resume soon the affected areas”.

Check Also

lockdown in Punjab

Chinese experts propose an extension of lockdown in Punjab for another 28 days

Chinese doctors visiting Lahore have suggested the Punjab government to extend the existing lockdown of …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *