GENEVA: Pakistan has drawn critical awareness to international organizations including the Human Rights Council and Human Rights Mechanism towards the Indian brutality in occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
A mutual statement delivered at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva (Tuesday) by Pakistan which was expressed by the High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet regarding the recent situation of the valley since 5th August 2019.
The situation from the last month includes unparalleled regulations and at the continuous curfew imposed, curbing of essential freedoms, communications blackout and reviews of widespread torture, extrajudicial killings, arbitrary arrests, molestation of girls, and enforced disappearances.
According to the UN charter, Human rights standards, International Law and Security Council resolutions the International Community should ask the Indian Government to;
- Give the basic rights of living to the people of the valley.
- Provide liberty and security.
- Immediate lift the curfew.
- End the communications blackout in the valley.
- Retain the capriciously detained freedom fighters.
- Immediate cut short the excessive use of force by the Indian forces.
- Provide access to Human Rights Organizations International Media to Occupied Valley.
- Establishment of human rights commission of inquiry to investigate human rights violation in Kashmir.
Pakistan has expressed its gratefulness towards the countries which became the part of this joint statement to support the people of Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir. Pakistan also appreciated the joint call by all these countries to immediately lift the clampdown, ending the communications shutdown in the valley and retaining the capriciously detained freedom fighters. It adds that the peaceful resolution of Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir can only be possible through resolutions of the UN Security Council.