Tuesday , June 2 2020

The Supreme Court placed a question mark over FBR’s Performance

Supreme court of pakistan

The Supreme Court shows its concerns over the performance of the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR). The targeted tax collection is not satisfactory. Last year, FBR fell behind with a clear margin of targeted tax collection.

In the first quarter, FBR shows a little improvement, however, that improvement is far away from the target.

The Judge said, “FBR has 22,000 employees to collect the 20% taxes. Remaining 80% of taxes have been collected indirectly.”

Moreover, the Judge said that FBR had burdened the Pakistani debilitated economy. Why the board is unable to collect the taxes.

Muhammad Anwar Goraya has been suspended due to the FBR report against his conduct. However, the bench has dismissed the board’s petition and resort Goraya.

Check Also

coronavirus in Lahore

Govt rejects report about 6 lakh cases of coronavirus in Lahore

After a government summary on fears of the presence of more than 600,000 potential Corona …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *