A Ukrainian passenger plane crashed in Iran, killing 176 people on board.
Ukraine’s Boeing 737 aircraft crashed near Tehran, according to a foreign news agency.
Iran’s state news agency says the plane is believed to have crashed due to a technical error, but an investigation into the incident has been launched.
According to the news agency, the plane took off from the Imam Khomeini airport in Tehran, but shortly afterwards the plane’s engine caught fire.
IRAN PLANE CRASH:
– Ukraine Flight PS752 Took Off From Tehran
– Crashed Minutes After takeoff
– At Least 180 On Board
– No Official Word On Casualties
– Local Media Report It Crashed Due To Technical Issues
– Video Captured The Plane On Firepic.twitter.com/CZpUCF6ETE
— Global Breaking News (@GBNReports) January 8, 2020
Reports say the pilot of the plane tried to make an emergency landing but the plane crashed on the ground on social media a video of the crash victim has also surfaced, showing that the plane was on fire which crashed into the ground shortly afterwards.